Looking for ideas for the year ahead?
Follow Awana on Facebook, where you can read their blogs and find all kinds of information.
For craft ideas, go to Red Ted Art on Facebook. Cute and easy ideas for craft time.
Search for Awana on Pinterest
Hope this year is life changing for your clubbers!
Looking for a few new theme nights for the upcoming year?
How about “Moustache Night”?
Or “Dress Like Your 100 Years Old”?
Check out other great ideas like:
Giggles and Riddles Night
Duct Tape Night and
It’s almost time!! Can’t wait to reward clubbers who have worked hard this year.
Make your calendar fun and engaging for clubbers!
This visual makes you want to join in on every theme night.
Do you have a favorite theme night? Leave a comment — we’re always looking for new ideas :-)
(I know the year is winding down but it’s always good to file away ideas for next year.)
Ice Cream Sundae night is always a favorite!
This incentive night is meant to encourage clubbers to complete sections in their handbook. For each section recited, clubbers get a “topping ticket”. Each clubber get a scoop of ice cream and then can trade tickets to make a delicious sundae.
- chocolate chips
- mini marshmallows
- gummy worms
- sliced bananas
- whipped cream
- chocolate and caramel sauce
Give this fun theme night a try!
Incentive Nights are meant to encourage clubbers to memorize sections in their handbooks.
Some kids respond to a reward for each section:
- a sticker
- a pencil
- a giant marshmallow
Some kids like to win a contest (for example: the 3 clubbers who recite the most sections win a spot in the contest)
- pudding feast contest: cups of pudding are put on a plate, clubbers eat up the pudding with hands behind their backs
- jello slurp contest: make jello with a little more water than the recipe calls for, clubbers slurp up a bowl of jello with a straw
- pie in the leaders face
Other incentive nights we’ve implemented:
- popcorn night – say 3 sections in a row, get a bag of popcorn
- wrap up a leader night – top reciters get to wrap a leader in Christmas paper
- stilly string a leader
- for T&T – sticker chart, a visual way for kids to see their progress
- super section Saturday – leaders meet for a few hours on a Saturday to listen to kids sections; clubbers have a concentrated time to work in their handbooks
Try incorporating one incentive night per month as a way to help your clubbers finish a handbook.
What incentives work for your Awana club?